How To Use The Future When You Talk About Your Schedule And Appointments



As professionals in the business world, we have to talk about dates, times, meetings, and appointments. How do you talk about meetings and appointments in English? Check out the four ways to talk about your schedule below!

  • I have a meeting with my boss on Monday, August 18th at 9 a.m. / from 9 to 10 a.m.

    [TO HAVE (PRESENT SIMPLE) + SOMETHING]

  • I will be in Nice / with my boss / out of the office / on holiday / in a team meeting on Monday at 11 a.m.

    I will not be available because I have a conference call at 10:30 a.m.

    [I WILL BE + PLACE / PERSON or I WILL NOT BE]

  • I am going to be in a meeting with John on Wednesday at 2 p.m.

    I am going to see my boss on Monday morning.

    I am going to have lunch with Caroline on Thursday.

    [GOING TO + VERB]

  • I am meeting my manager on Tuesday, August 23rd at 10 a.m.

    I am seeing John on Friday at 3 p.m.

    I am having dinner with Susan on Friday to talk about a marketing campaign.

    [PRESENT CONTINUOUS FOR ACTIONS, PLANS, AND ARRANGEMENTS]

For information on making appointments, please click here.


PRACTICE AND THINK IN ENGLISH 

What are you doing tomorrow? What are your plans next week?

Tell me by leaving a comment below or in a message by E-mail at kaufman.terry@gmail.com, if you like.

To learn how to leave a comment, please click for instructions in English or click for instructions in French. It is not necessary to have a Google account. After you type your comment, click on the menu, "Comment as" ("choisir une identité") and choose "Name" or "Anonymous".

No comments:

Post a Comment